With a market size of more than US$2.4bn, Latin America (LATAM) is a key emerging IVD market and a market that The Economist Intelligence Unit expects to expand by ~8% each year from 2017-2022.
Keeping up with shifting customer demands as a result of rapidly-evolving hospital and laboratory infrastructure in the region is a key challenge for IVD companies.
Here is EIU Healthcare’s forecast on the fastest-growing areas and lab trends in LATAM’s IVD market:
- Centralised diagnostics (CDx) labs are consolidating in many LATAM countries. How are these labs evolving?
- Despite strong growth in many of LATAM’s point-of-care (POC) diagnostics market, POC tests are mostly conducted at central laboratories rather than at the point-of-care. What is shaping this preference of labs?
- Genomics is one of the fastest-growing areas in several of LATAM’s molecular diagnostics (MDx) market such as in Mexico and Argentina. How are MDx labs managing new tests entering the market, and more complex tests?
- IHC reagents is one of the fastest-growing areas in LATAM’s tissue diagnostics (TDx) market. Will the increased demand for IHC tests push labs into automation?
For more insights, speak to us on how EIU Healthcare’s IVD Gateway can deliver accurate, comprehensive data and forecasts to help you understand your business’s present market position and future market opportunities.
Download EIU Healthcare’s IVD LATAM report to find out:
- What are some of the fastest-growing areas in LATAM’s IVD market?
- How is the customer and clinical laboratory landscape changing in LATAM?
- What are the key trends among laboratories in LATAM?